Thursday, September 24, 2009

Martha & Me Cookies 5 of 175

Cookie: Snickerdoodle
Listened to: Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus on repeat (thanks to Mike)
For: Sandy Slagor, Deb DiFranco, and Kim Gallivan (the 3 other women in Mike's life :))

Some people (Kim) were asking why I didn't bring any cookies to my first weekend trip to Buffalo. I simply stated that there were only so many hours in the day. But I knew that there was going to be hell to pay if I didn't bring something the next weekend. (Oh yeah, you read that right. We drove to Buffalo two weekends in a row.) Kim, Sandy, and Aunt Deb mean so much to Mike and I can tell exactly why. They are great women of strength and love and I am blessed to have them in my life.

Ok so I swore to Mike that if these didn't turn out they work out/were perfect, I wasn't bringing them. I brought them and they were soooo good (if I do say so myself)! OMG! These cookies are delish. They are soft, sweet, and huge. So the weird thing about this recipe is the one on Martha's website is not the same as the one in her book. I loved these so much that I don't think I'm straying from this recipe.

2 3/4 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar plus 2 tablespoons
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Put butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the egg. Reduce speed to low; gradually mix in four mixture.

2. Stir together cinnamon and remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in a small bowl. Shape dough into twenty 1 3/4 inch balls; roll in cinnamon-sugar. Space 3 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.

3. Bake cookies, rotating sheet halfway through, until edges are golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets on wire racks. Cookies can be stored between layers of parchment paper in airtight containers at room temperature up to 3 days.

Soooo, when I read back through this I definitely strayed a bit due to a lack of supplies/reading skills. 1. I used 1 stick of unsalted and 1 stick salted butter and reduced the additional salt, 2. I used equal parts sugar and cinnamon (3 teaspoons of each), 3. I made about 24 cookies.

Make these, you won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment