Sunday, October 11, 2009

Martha & Me Cookies 6 of 175

Cookie: Mocha Shortbread
For: Katie & Ryan Sawrie

Katie is my best friend. Enough said. She is a wonderful woman of faith, love, and generosity. She has been a rock in my life for so many years and I am grateful for her. She and I meet for dinner about once every other month in Crawfordsville, IN at the Creekside Lodge. I brought her these cookies for a treat to munch on while driving home and if he was lucky, her husband at home.

I really wanted to make Katie and Ryan some cookies, but it had been a long week and we had no eggs or milk, so I had to be creative in finding my cookie recipe for them. Martha would never let me down and had some egg and milk free cookie recipes. Thanks Martha!

These were easy, tasty, and well-portioned. I have been looking for instant espresso in town, but have not been able to find it. So, I used instant coffee in these cookies and they tasted pretty good. I read the reviews of this cookie and people were not fans. I would only make these for coffee-lover friends. Mine were not too crumbly, or dry. They were a good shortbread texture and a "crowd" pleaser. Katie texted me on the way home and told me she really enjoyed the shortbread. The only worry I have is, did Ryan get any?

1 comment:

  1. Let me tell you, they were very good :) And I think you are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete