Sunday, October 11, 2009

Martha & Me Cookies 7 of 175

Cookie: Truffle Brownies
Listened to: My mom talking to me :)
For: Julie's 19th birthday family celebration

My sister Julie turned 19 on Thursday. She is my sister and my friend. I love her because she can make me laugh like no one else. I was so excited to have her come to visit me and Mike to celebrate!


Julie, my parents, and her boyfriend, Jamey came to visit last weekend for a family birthday celebration. Her request for a birthday treat was "a fancy Martha cookie". I searched and found these truffle brownies. They were winners!! Mike even said "these could have come from a restaurant". That made me feel really good! I love that cooking can make people feel good and satisfied. These brownies are a traditional chocolate brownie with a delicious chocolate ganache on top. I topped these with non-pareils in the shape of a heart. Julie loved them, my family loved them, and I was filled with love for my family. It was a good weekend and proud baking moment. Thanks Martha for bringing us together.
She seemed pleased!

P.S. You MUST use Dutch-processed cocoa powder. Martha says so, and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment