Sunday, February 28, 2010

Sunday Catch-Up

Here are three items I have made within the last month.

1. Chocolate Mint Patty Cupcakes
I made these for our neighbors, Joel and Sarah, as well as Mike's co-workers. It was a recipe from the Food Network magazine and the flavors were modeled after a York Peppermint Patty. The cupcakes were moist and tasty. The making of the peppermint patty was so interesting. If my high school chemistry class was like this, I would have done WAY better! You put some ingredients into your mixer and all of a sudden they become tasty and edible playdough. So cool! Then I drizzled the chocolate glaze on top instead of making a chocolate disk (by instead, I mean I couldn't figure out how to make that work). P.S. Mikes co-worker, Besset, thought I put a York on top of the cupcake, that was an awesome compliment because I made them :)
2. Lime Meltaways
Martha and Me Cookie #16
For: Susan and Matt McAndrew

My dear friend Susan has been an acquaintance through YL, Bible Study friend, roommate, bridesmaid, and best friend. She is such a wonderful woman of God, loyal, smart, and kind. She is a kindred spirit in so many ways. Oh and I love her husband because he is a wonderful man and great friend. He is good to Suz and she is good to him. I just love them.

Susan is from Florida, so citrus flavors remind me of her. These cookies just said "Suz" to me. They were light, sweet, and tasty. I think I overmixed them, thus making them a little more cumbly than expected. That made them tough to roll into a log and consequently cut into pretty rounds. Luckily, you douse these in powdered sugar making any imperfections better. I was so glad to send these to the McA's in North Carolina as a special surprise and a congrats to Matt for rocking the DAT.
Can't wait until we can celebrate our very own
Dr. Matthew McAndrew DDS!

3. Cream Puffs with Lemon Cream
I saw these on tastespotting.com, a website Court turned me on to. They looked good and wanted a reason to make them. Luckily, we had an impromptu birthday dinner/party for our friend Brendan on Friday and I made these bad-boys. They were sooo good! They were light, not too sweet, and had a slight hint of lemon. Brendan said the lemon made them and I would agree.

Happy Birthday to our friend Brendan,
such a funny dude and great friend!

1 comment:

  1. I love you, J. And we loved your tasty treats. Thanks for thinking of us, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete