Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Ten on Tuesday

1. Mike and I bought a new car! We bought a 2010 Mazda5. It has 6 seats, hatch, sliding doors, and is much nicer/more reliable. We are really excited and feel blessed to have made some financial decisions that have allowed us to make this feasible.

2. Don Juan turned 21 last week! I am proud to call this wonderful man my brother.

3. This is an awesome blog/website. What a fun and positive idea!

4. Our friends, Elsinore, have put out a new EP. You can hear Mike on trumpet and moi on track 5 with Ryan's wife. Jody. What a fun experience, great friends, and wonderful musicians!

5. I made two more Martha cookies in the last two weeks.
Cookie #14 Cappuccino-Chocolate Bites
For: Katharine Fettig and Jamie Icenogle (student-teacher last semester and this semester)

The LBS-1 program is very stressful and I thought both Ms. F and Ms. I could use a little pick-me-up. These yummy little guys had espresso in them and were sandwiched around a delicious milk chocolate ganache. I think I might try the milk chocolate ganache as a frosting. Yum! While the star cutter was a bad choice, these are winners.

Cookie #15 Dried Cranberry Shortbread Hearts
For: Julie for Valentine's Day


I made these for a care package for Jules (Hope she doesn't read this before it gets there). They are sweet, crumbly, and just plain delicious. I used my heart cutter for that little touch and because Martha did too. I will definitely be making them again!

6. Mike played in the Great Cover-Up here in Champaign. He played with both the Mike Ingram Band and Kayla Brown. See the videos of him playing with Kayla here.

7. My students make me laugh, cry, smile, and feel special. That cry of "Mrs. S!" with a hug is unmatched by anything else.

8. Mike has been excited since December to do our taxes; he would make Susan proud!

9. BroomBowl 2010 happened last weekend and we had a great time! Stephanie joined Don, Mike, and I on our trip to meet mom and dad in Bridgeman, MI. We played some broomball on the more frozen pond. Some how Steph and I got mildly injured and Don and Mike came home only sore. Hmmm...

10. My cats are the cutest! They have smushy faces and fluffy fur.

3 comments:

  1. Haha!!! I'm doing our taxes right now and went to your blog b/c I'm easily distracted when I have a task at hand :) Thanks for the shout out! Way to go, Mike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! A new car! A great brother! Elsinore! Shortbread for me (sorry for seeing it early)! Broombowl 2010! Cute cats! Love you..

    p.s looks like D. Juan ripped his jeans a little bit at the Jones'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. LOVE the new car. So fancy.

    ReplyDelete