Monday, September 13, 2010

Music on a Monday

This is Ray. I love him. Not like I love my husband, but I love him. He has music that can speak to my soul. I listen to him when I am happy or sad, on my birthday or worst day, rainy or sunny, and so many days and times in between. Ray is a man who sings from his soul and has a voice that is unlike many others. I discovered him on a soundtrack (A Lot Like Love) and instantly want to hear more from him. I remember listening to the soundtrack with my dear friend, Liz and then going out and buying his full album, Trouble. This was his debut and he has put out 2 other albums and recently an album with his bluegrass band, The Pariah Dogs. I have them all and had Mike and I not both fallen in love with Red Right Ankle by The Decemberists, I would have gone with a Ray song for our wedding dance.

Ray LaMontagne is such a wonderful and talented musician. Check out his albums Trouble, Till the Sun Goes Black, Gossip in the Grain, and most recently God Willin' & the Creek Don't Rise. The first three are just him and beautifully painful and the album with The Pariah Dogs is more upbeat and bluegrass.

Check out him out for sure and tell him I sent you :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh. I love Ray, too & have to totally thank you & Fay for making the introduction.

    ReplyDelete